Like many writers, I’ve started several Blogger and WordPress blogs in the past only to let them pitter out when I became disenchanted by the fact that “no one” was reading them.
Here are the steps to start a blog and the resources that most helped me.
1. Buy your domain name through a site like SiteGround (ex. mine is www.thewriteathomemom.com) and set up hosting. If you decide to sign up, I’d so appreciate if you clicked through my link as I get a small referral commission (that’s one way bloggers are able to make money from their blog, and you can do the same with yours!)
- One Happy Studio (mine; it was free!)
- Restored 316 Designs
- Shay Bocks
- Pretty Darn Cute Designs
- Yoast SEO
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Google Analytics (you’ll need to set this up separately)
- Scroll Box
- What Would Seth Godin Do
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin
- 660×1000 for Pinterest
- 660×660 for a Facebook photo upload and the featured image in the post
- 660×343 for a Facebook horizontal linkshare image
9. Sign up for Amazon affiliates (although there are other affiliates you will find, this is probably your first money-maker). Anytime you mention a product you love, you can hyperlink the text and anything someone purchase after clicking on your link, you earn a small commission on.